Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Security Assurance Lead to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity.
How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for NorthAmerica in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running. We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow our teams globally.
In fact, we were named a 2021 Top Workplace USA (Energage) as the top technology firm to work in our size category, were recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com), and most recently were certified as a 2021 Great Place to Work (Great Places to Work Institute, Canada). Arctic Wolf believes in corporate responsibility, and our worldwide offices proudly participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
The Security Assurance Lead role is responsible for validating the expected security attributes of Arctic Wolf’s internal systems and components. That’s code for: test and break stuff, then help us fix it!
This role is ideal for a penetration tester looking to escape the confines of traditional pentest work and apply their adversarial knowledge in new ways. You will be engaged at all phases, from design and concept, through to testing final solutions. Your red team experience will be blended with our blue team expertise for a more complete view of security.
The role reports to the Senior Information Security Manager and is part of our team dedicated to the security of Arctic Wolf itself. This role will ultimately have direct reports that facilitate specialization in certain areas of assurance.
You will work closely with other pack members in Information Security, Information Technology, and Research & Development.
- Assume the tactics, techniques and procedures of adversaries and bring these to bear against our processes, systems and applications for the purpose of improving resilience.
- Plan, design and execute network and application penetration tests against Arctic Wolf internal systems.
- Communicate areas for improvement along with actionable remediation suggestions for relevant teams to act upon.
- Contribute to Arctic Wolf’s existing threat operations knowledge base and help us incorporate your expertise into our solutions.
- Validate the expected level of security with SaaS applications that we consume in our business processes—help us look for what matters.
- Contribute to a world-class security program that supports Arctic Wolf’s tremendous growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of offensive security and penetration testing work.
- Demonstrate impeccable ethics in the field of security.
- Expert-level experience with offensive security tooling for network and application-level assessment and post-exploitation.
- Strong planning and task management expertise to ensure that objectives are met within timeframes and other constraints.
- Strong written and oral skills to convey activity and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Thorough understanding of assessing risk-in-context. Not everything is world-ending!
- Strong familiarity with cloud infrastructures, with experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) considered a strong plus.
- Knowledge of industry adopted frameworks and methodologies (PTES, CREST, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field; equivalent experience, or outstanding results.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
At Arctic Wolf, we recognize that success comes from delighting our customers. We believe in being lean – in constantly building, measuring, and learning in all aspects of our business. We truly value people. All wolves are welcome to join the Arctic Wolf pack, with compelling compensation packages, benefits, and equity for employees.
Arctic Wolf is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We review all applications.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.