Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf seeks a Senior Software Developer - Java to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow our teams globally. In fact, we were named a 2021 Top Workplace USA (Energage) as the top technology firm to work in our size category, were recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com), and most recently were certified as a 2021 Great Place to Work (Great Places to Work Institute, Canada).
Arctic Wolf believes in corporate responsibility, and our worldwide offices proudly participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
Arctic Wolf Networks is looking for a talented Senior Software Developer to help us revolutionize the way that network security is delivered to businesses. Our hardworking team is passionate about building a cloud-based solution that will solve the real world security problems that IT professionals face. We are an eight-year-old, well-funded, company led by a Silicon Valley founder with a proven track record.
You are a talented developer with many of these skills:
- Enjoys solving technical challenges
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java
- 2+ years of experience designing and working with schemas and data models
- Not afraid of binary formats, wire protocols and solving “low-level” challenge
- Works well within a highly collaborative and functional team
- Experience using scripting languages such as bash and PowerShell
- Functional programming
- Self-starter, driven to succeed
Previous security experience is preferred, but not required. We provide all the cybersecurity training you need during onboarding and on-the-job training.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver core software components
- Contribute to the full software development life cycle
- Build well-designed, testable, efficient, secure code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Serve as a subject matter expert and/or Directly Responsible Individual
- Mentor and lead new developers on the team
- Java, C#
- Multiple Operating Systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, Unix, Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, JunOS)
- AWS Cloud Services
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We review all applications and may yet consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.