Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf seeks a Competitive Intelligence Manager focused on driving demand with our channel partners.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices around the world participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
Arctic Wolf Networks (AWN) is seeking an internal competitive manager to track, analyze and assess changes in the cybersecurity competitive landscape through direct research (primarily from public information sources).
In this role, you will strive to be first to alert and provide actionable insight to the AWN field, product teams and executive leadership regarding new and notable competitor activities. The ultimate goal is to uncover new opportunities, strategies and tactics to enable AWN to win against competitors. This includes identifying emerging threats (real or perceived), gaps in capabilities relative to competitors, and areas of competitive differentiation which can be incorporated into AWN messaging, sales enablement, product plans, GTM activities, etc.
As such, this role requires a solid understanding of the cybersecurity space and in particular, managed security services. You should be able to parlay your analytical capabilities and insight into identifying and messaging differences among vendor offerings, capabilities, and what resonates with customers.
Location: Eden Prairie, MN or Remote
- You will work autonomously on ongoing tracking and analysis of the ever-evolving cybersecurity competitive landscape
- You will be expected to self-start on your own daily research and deliver your analysis primarily through written content mediums.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple competitors, projects and stakeholder requests
- Respond to key competitor announcements (written response) and sales queries within designated CI SLA guidelines (usually 24-72 hours)
- Create and maintain core competitive CI sales enablement content
- Deliver deep contextual analysis as relevant to AWN solutions and capabilities – i.e., how this impacts AWN positioning and SWOT (primarily for a field audience), rather than mere reporting of what happened or describing the competitor offering
- Regularly draw your own educated deductions of how/why a new competitor capability or business action matters (threat, opportunity relative to AWN) based on limited information sources
- Special (executive) projects as assigned
- This is an internally-facing, individual contributor role
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in computer security program (e.g., GSEC SANS, CISSP) or 3 years in security or networking-based IT role with a solid foundational knowledge of basic security concepts such as malware, firewalls and IDS/IPS, log ingestion/management, network/security auditing, compliance requirements/reporting, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience at a MSSP or MDR cybersecurity firm is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of customer motivations, pain points, decision making criteria/process, and how to influence – strong plus.
- Direct (hands on) experience with security services offerings (as a customer or in a customer support or field role) is a plus.
- Expert public web research sources & methods (Google, social media, user forums, etc.)
- Proven applied research & analysis experience – practiced at discerning “signal from noise” and “reading between the lines” of dense source material to draw out key conclusions
- Experience directly authoring actionable & contextual deliverables for a field or customer audience (competitive playbooks, battle cards, etc.)
- Concise written/communication skills – proven ability to distill complex points into a few bullets on what matters most to your target audience
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position.
At Arctic Wolf, we recognize that success comes from delighting our customers. We believe in being lean – in constantly building, measuring, and learning in all aspects of our business. We truly value people. All wolves are welcome to join the Arctic Wolf pack, with compelling compensation packages, benefits, and equity for employees.
Arctic Wolf is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We review all applications.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.