Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf seeks a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow our teams globally. In fact, we were named a 2021 Top Workplace USA (Energage) as the top technology firm to work in our size category, were recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com), and most recently were certified as a 2021 Great Place to Work (Great Places to Work Institute, Canada).
Arctic Wolf believes in corporate responsibility, and our worldwide offices proudly participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
The Arctic Wolf security operations platform ingests and processes upwards of 150 billion events a day from a wide variety of on-premise devices and cloud platforms. The security pipeline is a distributed system of loosely-coupled microservices that constitute our real-time analysis and threat detection systems. These services distill the incoming events into actionable intelligence that our Concierge Security Teams use to protect customers.
This posting is for a Senior Full Stack Developer within the Security Research Development Services team, who is responsible for data ingestion and parsing of Arctic Wolf’s many integrations. We are growing rapidly, with our data volume increasing ten-fold roughly every two years. We are looking for experienced developers to join our pack and work with us to continuously evolve and expand the capabilities of our security platform.
- Excellent understanding of Object-oriented Programming concepts and willingness to pick up new object-oriented languages suitable for the job
- 5+ years of experience in building and shipping Web Applications and API development
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elastic Search), KV stores (Redis etc.), Message Queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.) in production
- Excellent understanding of key design patterns (creational, structural, behavioural) and architectural patterns including MVC, Microservices Architecture, Functions as a service (lambda functions), serverless design, Async Programming Patterns, Reactive and Event Driven Programming
- Experience with architecting, owning, building and scaling new services for high throughput and low latency from ground up in a complex production system
- Demonstratable experience with integrating, refactoring and troubleshooting services in a large production system
- Experience with developing and deploying in the cloud preferably AWS using IAC (infrastructure as code)
- Familiarity with CI / CD tools including Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform etc.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and delivering software in an agile environment
- Familiarity with cybersecurity is an asset
- Work with Product, R&D, and Concierge Security Engineers to continuously improve coverage, efficiency and deliver both customer-facing and internal services
- Use test-driven development techniques to squash bugs and develop beautiful, efficient, and secure code
- Create and scale high-performance services in a real-time threat analysis pipeline
- Document and maintain software functionality and specifications
- Identify problems proactively and propose novel solutions to solve them
- Continuously learn and expand your technical horizons
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We review all applications and may yet consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.