Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Technical Trainer - R&D to join our Pack!
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing industry—Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the 2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
Arctic Wolf Networks is seeking a Technical Trainer to support our growing Research & Development organization. If you are a skilled instructor with a passion for helping fellow employees through education, join our team and contribute to the evolution of our exceptional training programs.
- Design, develop, and deliver technical/product training in a variety of formats
- Rapidly learn new technologies and create effective lessons around them
- Develop hands-on activities to reinforce key concepts and workflows
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders in R&D, Product Management, and Security Services to ensure accuracy and completeness of training
- Maintain and improve existing content library
- Become a fount of knowledge: answer questions, source training, provide mentorship, enhance the flow of information
- Foster a positive, inclusive, learning environment
We value a culture of sharing, so every team has an opportunity to showcase their accomplishments during our monthly R&D Demos. Once a year we hold a department-wide Hackathon, where R&D team members collaborate over four days to build cool ideas. While demonstrating R&D innovation is the focus, the best ideas may be integrated into our products.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You are a charismatic, energetic personality who actively engages with learners and is fearless speaking in front of a crowd. You have experience as a corporate or product trainer in high-tech or a related field. Ideally you will also be capable of:
- Enthusiastically delivering high-quality training to a mix of in-person and remote attendees
- Effectively running a virtual class using video teleconferencing software
- Developing learning content (slides, audio, video, eLearning, supplemental documentation)
- Sounding natural and comfortable in recorded lessons
- Communicating effectively using mature interpersonal skills
- Using Cornerstone OnDemand or a similar LMS
Prior experience in cybersecurity or software development is preferred, but not required.
The interview process is approximately as follows:
- Phone pre-screening: A recruiter contacts you to briefly discuss your work history and provide an overview of Arctic Wolf. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Technical assessment: A recruiter sends you a training prompt on a pre-selected topic with a description of the scenario. You are expected to develop a short lesson based on this information, deliver it to the team in a group interview, then answer followup questions. Approximately 1 hour.
- Face-to-face interviews: Hiring manager and executive sponsor conduct two interviews to learn more about you and provide more
information about your potential role and team. Be prepared to talk about past projects and your career goals. Approximately 1 hour per interview.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We review all applications and may yet consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.