Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Senior Software Developer – Analytics to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
As a Senior Developer in the Analytics space, you’ll work on the team that focusses on building the systems that allow for the storage and analysis of big data. This telemetry data is collected from customers by leveraging endpoint, network, and cloud data sources both inside and outside our customers’ networks. Our team then builds products that allows our customers as well as our own employees to make business intelligence queries against this large set of data, to better understand their security posture.
Our existing stack includes both custom built and open source components written in Java and Go, deployed within Amazon Web Services. Some open source components we use include Metabase, Postgres, Apache Kafka, HazelCast, various open-source columnar databases, as well as custom application servers leveraging frameworks like Quarkus, Apache Samza, Apache Calcite, and Go.
- Implementation and design of new analytics products, taking customer requirements into account
- Maintenance of our existing Java and Go based systems
- Deployment and configuration of open source components
We value a culture of sharing, so every team has the opportunity to share their work with the entire department during our monthly R&D Demos. Once a year we hold a department-wide Hackathon, teaming up across all R&D teams over four days to collaborate and build cool ideas outside the normal project scope. While innovation is the focus, some of these ideas do make it into our products.
You’re an experienced Developer who enjoys solving complex technical challenges with little to no guidance. You care about writing quality code that is maintainable. Working collaboratively in cross-functional teams is your thing. Colleagues look to you for guidance on software development best practices.
You should have extensive work experience in the following areas:
- Significant experience with working on backend systems
- Excited about working in the big data space
- Relevant experience with one of Java or Go
- Comprehensive Experience with writing RESTful webservices
- Experience with SQL
- Considerable Experience with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with columnar and/or time-series databases (e.g. ClickHouse, Druid, InfluxDB, Prometheus, etc)
- Ability to lead and build a cohesive team and habitually spread knowledge in various forms (verbally, documentation)
- Ability, comfort, and interest in picking up new technologies and frameworks which you may not be familiar with
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Kafka
In addition, you have proven leadership experience from previous projects, regardless of title held. You have the ability to perform programming tasks and large engineering projects with Independence and expertise. You will be responsible for guiding and mentoring other staff members and will regularly lead technical projects. You have a high level of mastery over software development best practices and building reusable design patterns.
Previous security experience is preferred but not required. We provide all the cybersecurity training you need during onboarding and on-the-job training.
The interview process is approximately as follows:
- Phone pre-screening: A recruiter contacts you to briefly discuss your work history and provide an overview of Arctic Wolf. Approximately 30 minutes
- Technical assessment: A recruiter sends you a link to a straightforward technical assessment that is relevant to the role you are applying for. Approximately 1 hour
- Face-to-face interviews: Several team members conduct two interviews to learn more about you and provide more information about your potential role and team. Be prepared to collaborate on a technical problem and talk more about past projects and your career goals. Approximately 1 hour per interview
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.