Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for an Architect - Endpoint Security to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
The Architect role will involve working with product management and the R&D Director to build and own an architectural strategy in the associated area.
Who You Are:
You thrive in fast-paced environments and have a positive can-do attitude. You are a critical thinker that continually learns and can navigate uncertainty. You enjoy working with customers and in a team, are an excellent communicator, and are able easily interact with a variety of people, personalities, and technical skill levels. Above all, your passion for cybersecurity and partnering with customers shows in everything you do!
What you will have achieved within a year:
- Recommend where to design for kernel and user-mode software in our security agent software, in collaboration with other architects and developers.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on security agent and endpoint software design.
- Evaluate new and alternative security scanning methodologies and sources.
- Design a strategy for validation across different OS versions and distributions on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Lead and collaborate on development guidelines and secure coding best practices.
- Work with product management and R&D to build and own architecture strategy for endpoint security.
- Provide expertise for security agents, endpoints, and system internals.
- Analyze, recommend, and prototype designs, technologies, 3rd party tools and integrations
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture applicable to the area of expertise.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience designing security agent software for endpoint detection and response.
- Knowledge of operating system internals and kernel level development.
- Knowledge of best practices and design patterns for their area of expertise.
- Ability to make and defend, effective decisions using data and research, and accept feedback.
- Ability to explain technical concepts using audience-specific language for audiences with different technical skill levels.
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.