Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Team:
Data is a critical part of Arctic Wolf Network’s mission to solve cyber risk, where we process and analyze hundreds of billions of events every day to look for malicious and risky behaviour. Furthermore, we’re geeks at heart and are passionate about data and solving cybersecurity problems for our customers. The Security Analytics team works on analyzing Arctic Wolf’s product platforms, internal business challenges, and customer pain points to develop new products and features for our customers.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Security Analytics team you will be responsible for providing the company with technical leadership and for developing new solutions leveraging cutting-edge advanced analytics techniques. This involves working closely with engineering, product, operations, and other teams to understand the most important technical and business analytics needs. A successful candidate is self-motivated with a passion for excellence and attention to detail.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in the research, data science and engineering around building and shipping machine learning or statistical models that scale to high volumes of data (billions of data points)
- Excellent grasp of Python and advanced SQL
- Excellent knowledge of MLOps processes and tooling for moving models from training to production and debugging complex systems
- Strong understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical concepts
- Experience with sklearn, SparkML, pandas, NumPy or similar packages
- Experience with deep learning packages, including Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Working knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and related technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (we use AWS here) and automation technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Jenkins, Chef, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of GNN, RL, Recommender Systems and NLP techniques including embeddings, transfer learning, attention mechanisms is a plus
- Familiarity with the information/cyber security domain is a plus
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to scientifically frame the business problems and come up with the underlying mathematical models
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain deeper understanding of the data
- Develop tools and algorithms for generating synthetic data sets
- Develop and test statistical and machine learning models for efficacy and operational impact
- Write production quality code and work with other software engineering teams to deploy models into production
- Support deployed models as a subject matter expert
- Be creative and engineer novel features and methods to push beyond our current capabilities
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.