Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Security Analyst to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing industry—Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the 2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
The Security Analyst is a front line Operations Center role, supporting our security services around the world. The SA is an internal triage analyst who assesses inbound security data and communications, dealing with straightforward tasks and escalating to our Security Engineers as needed.
- Understand IT infrastructure and networking to be able to quickly dispatch security incidents with the help and guidance of Senior Security Personnel.
- Triage customer requests, apply playbook driven solutions, initiate potential incident investigations through assignment to security engineers and may assist the engineers with use web-based resources to determine if a given event is potentially real, or more importantly that it is benign.
- Attention to process and a willingness to learn are critical assets for the right candidate.
- Strong communication skills and easily interact with a variety of different people and personalities. Success in this role depends on the effective dispatch of both security and communication triage events to the correct persons in a timely manner.
- Understand the processes and systems Arctic Wolf uses, this will be critical in helping the Senior Security staff handle their customers as support specific customer requests.
- Creating and amending runbooks that aid in expanding the knowledge of your peers
- Continuously drive to learn new aspects of the security business.
Arctic Wolf Networks is a start-up and all CSA candidates should expect to be working with all parts of Arctic Wolf, including engineering, operations, sales, marketing, and executive management. A positive can-do attitude is a must. A willingness to learn and try new things is critical. An ability to deal with uncertainty is a positive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in an applicable field or 5 years in the IT industry; university degree in a Computer Security program desirable.
- A GSEC (SANS 401) certification is desirable.
You will be required to attend trainings, seminars or webinars relevant to job role to enhance current knowledge base and skill set in order to improve job performance and efficiency. Attend at least one event in a year and should not impact job/project deliverables.
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Arctic Wolf Networks is a 24×7 work environment and SA’s are required to work shift work on a rotating basis. This position works on a 5-week shift rotation which combines 12 hour shifts and 8 hour shifts. This schedule also builds in learning and development time to invest in our team members and keep their skills sharp.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Security basics
- Malware knowledge
- Firewalls and IDS/IPS
- Proxy and content filtering
- Windows and Active Directory
- Network and Security Auditing
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.