Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf seeks an intern work with the Security Operations Center to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow our teams globally. In fact, we were named a 2021 Top Workplace USA (Energage) as the top technology firm to work in our size category, were recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com), and most recently were certified as a 2021 Great Place to Work (Great Places to Work Institute, Canada).
Arctic Wolf believes in corporate responsibility, and our worldwide offices proudly participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
Are you a student and want to finally combine the theory and practice you’ve learned from university? Do you want to work hands-on and trace cyber criminals? Are you interested in IT security, and do you already have knowledge in the field of IT security or IT administration? If you are looking for a job alongside your studies, an internship, or a bachelor/master thesis, then you are right for us. Join our "Arctic Wolf Pack" in our Frankfurt SOC and fight against cyber criminals!
Cyber-attacks and cyber-crime are one of the biggest threats to our society. Whether it is hospitals, power plants, school clouds, universities, government networks, commercial enterprises, or individual personal PCs, attackers seek to gain maximum profit from each victim. Compromised computer systems are exploited in a variety of ways for spying and sabotaging, even in security-critical infrastructures. Encrypting data, files and computers by ransomware is one of the most harmful of these…
This is exactly the challenge we at Arctic Wolf are facing every day!
...and you'll help our world-class Security Operations Center team in Frankfurt to protect our German and international customers against cyber-attacks. We don’t do dull and boring checks and other compliance driven activities. We handle and care on important cases and challenging incidents since we have the skills, power, expertise, people, experience and a full featured tool and technology stack in our SOC.
We are looking for a working student or intern in the security analytics domain for our Arctic Wolf pack in Frankfurt. You bring the basics and motivation, and we will take care of your training and education. If you like to learn new things every day, apply and work with us.
- You'll help our Arctic Wolf Pack to respond to cyber security attacks against our customers
- You'll learn to analyze log data with SOC analytics tools
- You'll learn how potential attackers work and how to identify their traces in the IT landscape of our customers
- You’ll learn to use the security analysis tools (sandboxes, threat intelligence, EDR, NAD, big data analytics with ML, IoC scanner and much more) in our SOC
- You'll learn to track, analyze, contain and sustainably remove attackers
- You’ll learn to identify and close attacker entry gates in IT landscapes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science or a related field of study
- Basic IT security knowledge or experience configuring servers, clients or networks
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and the TCP/IP stack
- Experience in the field of log analysis, pentest, or IT forensics is considered a bonus
- Basic programming/scripting knowledge
- Fluent oral and writing in German and English
- Excited to learn something new every day in the domain of cyber defense and IT security
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AW’s Information Security policies, standards, processes, and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of AW business information assets.
- Must pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We review all applications and may yet consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.