Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Triage Security Engineer - Technical Lead to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
The Technical Lead is an expert level Security Operations engineer, recognized in multiple technical domains and at delivering Arctic Wolf security services in the iSOC. This role analyzes the “bigger picture” of operations to innovate methods, drive efficiencies, and further our depth of detectin and response. The Tech Lead works closely and collaboratively with the different levels of Triage Security Engineers and with others in Security Services to fulfill these key responsibilities:
- Technical leadership and guidance for the iSOC team.
- Be the expert and help the team better understand security incidents, the tools used, and the processes used for triage.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction for customer investigations and escalations
- Ability to investigate incidents at a detailed level, leveraging expertise developed over your career
- Incident response and coordination; guiding security incidents through their lifecycle
- Ability to identify the areas where a process can break, and ideas to solution these gaps
- Viewed as a subject matter expert across S2
- Ability to execute most technical roles within the iSOC for spikes and unexpected high volume periods
- Independently running a defined program supporting iSOC as part of Security Services
- Ability to clearly articulate technical requirements on behalf of the iSOC. This requires understanding of the workflow and processes, and deeper understanding of the technical details
- Supporting all continuous improvement initiatives, and providing solutions on lessons learned reviews
Assist the Team Leaders, Managers, and Directors with the following:
- Recruiting, assessment, and onboarding of new team members
- Skills assessment, mentorship and coaching of team
- Implementing defined change through the leader
You are not responsible for any performance management aspects and will not be in a position of having direct reports. This is a highly skilled individual contributor role.
Who You Are :
You have a passion for triage, passion for change, passion for growth, and most importantly a passion for the utmost security of our customers
You thrive in fast-paced environments with continually evolving priorities and have a positive can-do attitude. You are a critical thinker that continually learns, can navigate uncertainty, and provide technical direction to others on the fly.
You love to provide technical mentorship to others and to work with challenging customers. You are an excellent communicator and are able easily interact with a variety of people, personalities and technical skill levels across the entirety of Arctic Wolf. Above all, your passion for cybersecurity and partnering with customers shows in everything you do!
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years Industry experience; Information Security, Network Security, or Cyber Security roles
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center, security incident response teams, or in roles with security forensics or malware analysis disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail in adherence to Arctic Wolf policies, procedures, and standards
- 3+ years additionally as a Network Admin, System Admin, Cloud Admin, or similar is strongly preferred
- Have deep technical competency in three (3) of the following, and at minimum a resourceful generalist in:
- Networking – common protocols, server/client infrastructure, routers, switches, WAPs, etc
- Perimeter – firewalls, IDS, IPS, UTM, WAF, Gateways, Proxys, Mail Servers, etc
- Authentication – AD, SSO, MFA, etc
- IaaS – cloud services, AWS, Azure, GCP
- End Point – MDM, EDR, EPP, AV
- SaaS – collaboration tools including O365, GSuite, Box, Salesforce, Workday, etc
- Know how to use one or more scripting tools and languages such as Python, Bash, and Power Shell
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- A willingness to learn and continuous self-improvement
- There are no specific degree or certification requirements but degrees in engineering or technology are a plus. Any security or IT certification such as CISSP is also positive.
- Proficiency in multiple of these additional areas or technologies:
- Secure DevOps for working in the cloud
- Security forensics
- Malware analysis
- Threat containment
- Firewall and IDS provisioning
- Proxy and content filtering provisioning
- Authentication and identify management
- Risk and vulnerability assessment
- Network and security auditing
- Network troubleshooting
- Penetration testing
- Attack simulation
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
f you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.