Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Sr. DevSecOps Developer join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the role
As a DevSecOps Developer, you will be an instrumental part of the team focused on ensuring the security of the Arctic Wolf infrastructure through the continual improvement of security tooling, automation, and engagement. This is a hands-on software engineering position with a strong focus on security. You will work largely within AWS, and we do everything-as-code.
What you might accomplish in the first six months, based on your interests:
- Guide or lead the development of a new security tool/service, end-to-end
- React and respond to infrastructure security events and apply preventative measures
- Lead security consultations with internal service and infrastructure teams
- Design, implement and deploy a cloud-based security solution
Skills and Experience
This role is an exciting opportunity to grow the practice of DevSecOps at Arctic Wolf! We are looking to build a team of great people - all with various capacities for Development, Infrastructure, Security and Operations. If you are comfortable in a few of these areas, care deeply about security and privacy, and are interested in exploring them further, we are excited to talk to you.
- Depth of knowledge and experience in cloud security tooling in your favourite cloud provider
- Relevant experience with programming languages (Python, Go)
- Experience with Gitops, CI/CD, testing, automation, SAST/DAST, etc.
- Strong desire to automate away large portions of your work
- Excited to help build out a new discipline and team, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Ability and desire to be prescriptive and apply your experience to solving problems at scale
- Define, evaluate, deploy, support, and maintain tools for code and infrastructure scanning
- Work with other teams to improve the security of their service and infrastructure, and help manage related security incidents
- Improve security monitoring for platform, infrastructure, and code
- And pretty much anything related to ensuring we stay ahead of bad actors
Technology that you may work with while you are here:
- Platforms: Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Programming: Go, Python, Java
- CI/CD: Jenkins, GitHub, Github Actions, Harness
- Observability: Prometheus, Grafana, Alert Manager, CloudWatch
- Cloud: GuardDuty, CloudTrail, Security Hub, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Security groups, flow logs, certificate management (ACM), key management (KMS), Athena, EKS, Inspector, Lambda and other Serverless technology, Terraform, Azure, GCP
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.