Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Senior Systems Developer - Site Reliability to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team. The ideal candidate has been part of developing an SRE team and associated processes, and has strong technical skills. If you want the opportunity to help scale an SRE team from the ground up to a global team, this is the job for you.
Our systems run globally and scale to handle more than 190 billion events per day with continued exponential growth. Security is what we do and reliability is what we need in order to provide the best possible Security Operations for our customers. We live and breathe Infrastructure-as-Code and are working hard to build a world class CI/CD pipeline. The SRE team is not a classic Operations team with a fancy label, but a software engineering role with a focus on reliability.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an SRE team responsible for large-scale services
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts, principles and processes
- Background in designing, building and running distributed, scalable systems
- Development experience in Python, Go, or Java
- Strong experience with core AWS technologies including EC2, ECS, EKS, S3 and CloudFormation
- Experience with Kubernetes at scale
- Solid work experience with Ubuntu or other Linux variants
- Understanding of messaging services like Kafka or AWS SQS/SNS
- Help develop SRE processes and best practices
- Design, develop, and deploy software to help scale the customer-facing services with a focus on security and reliability
- Work with the Platform Engineering teams to continue to develop the continuous delivery and observability systems
- Collaborate with the R&D product teams in developing reliable, scalable, observable systems
- Triage and debug production incidents, and participate in blameless postmortems
- Reduce toil by automating everything
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.