Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Sr. DevSecOps Developer join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the role
As a DevSecOps Developer, you’ll be an instrumental part of the team focused on ensuring the security of the Arctic Wolf infrastructure through the continual improvement of security tooling, automation, and engagement. This is a hands on software engineering position with a strong focus on security.
- Help define, evaluate, deploy, support, and maintain tools for code and infrastructure scanning
- Work with other teams to improve the security of their service
- Assist in security incidents and support the security incident process
- Improve security logging and detection within our infrastructure
- Design, develop, deploy, and operate security services
- Reduce the ‘mean time to WTF’, then automate the fix
- Ensure that security is a priority in all facets of our work
and pretty much anything related to ensuring we stay ahead of the baddie. You will work largely within AWS, and we do everything-as-code.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Depth of knowledge in cloud security tooling (Security groups, IAM, GuardDuty, Config) and common cloud components (ex: EC2, Lambda, Storage)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with relevant programming languages (Python, Go)
- Minimum 5 years with development being a significant part of your work
- Strong Experience with gitops, CI/CD, testing (Jenkins, Circle, Github, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in your favourite cloud, with AWS experience being most beneficial
- Comprehensive Experience in some of the following, or related technology: Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, Containers, Terraform, CloudFormation, Linux, OSS, Chef, log/syslog management, Suricata
- Security experience - network, systems, code, physical
- Strong desire to automate away large portions of your work
- Comfortable and capable of working and communicating via Slack, Zoom calls, Jira tickets and maybe in person again one day
- Able to work independently and know when to ask for help
- Excited to help build out a new discipline and team, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and desire to be prescriptive and apply your deep knowledge of technology to solving problems at scale
- Battle scars from working in a multi-region, multi-account, multi-cloud environment
- Certifications in your cloud of choice
- One or more of CISSP, Security+, SANS GIAC certifications
- Depth in some interesting areas: certificate management (ACM), key management (KMS), Kubernetes security, Athena/SQL, security tools especially in the context of a CI/CD pipeline, Static and Dynamic Application Testing tools (SAST/DAST)
- Familiarity with networking, routing, firewalls, ACLs, network troubleshooting
- Time spent doing Big Data or big data pipeline work, working with large data sets
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.