Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Manager - Network Security Development Team to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
The Arctic Wolf security operations platform receives upwards of 100 billion events a day from a wide variety of on-premises devices and cloud platforms. We are looking for a Manager to manage our Managed Detection and Response Network team. The individual must possess a strong Software Development background as well as have experience with people management. Arctic Wolf R&D teams are responsible for the full software development lifecycle of their services, including design, development, testing, and production monitoring. This particular role includes people leadership, process management, as well as roadmap definition and execution.
The MDR Network Manager role oversees the planning and direction of all aspects of development activities within the team. They ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with Arctic Wolf’s established policies and objectives. This role reports into the Director of the MDR Security Product and is focused on the detection and response capabilities of our IaaS, SaaS and Identity solutions. The manager will work closely with R&D Leadership, Product Management and our Security Services team to ensure their team is building the necessary detections and capabilities to keep our customers secure.
- Lead a team of talented security specialists and developers in the delivery of high quality Network detections and response capabilities
- Support the MDR Director with the development and execution of the product roadmap. This includes scoping out new work, making commitments with the team and delivering on them
- Manage the day to day technical direction of the team, provide clarity and remove obstacles
- Drive continuous development process improvements
- Instil the foundations of AW R&D in the teams by personally living them on a daily basis
- Develop and Execute the Product roadmap
- Work with R&D Leadership and Product Management stakeholders on the product roadmap for the team
- Work with Architects and Security Specialists to define and execute on the company's technical roadmap
- Ensure team is highly motivated, performing well, and delivering work on time
- Make sure the team is clear on the objectives and goals they are striving to achieve
- Implement R&D department and team responsibilities
- Mentor each team member; help them grow their technical and leadership skills
- Lead recruitment efforts for the team for both full-time and co-op employees
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the software development industry, both participating in and leading efforts spanning the full software development lifecycle, from design to production and deployment
- Multiple years of experience as a people leader and mentor
- Experience with modern development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks while being able to adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to organize and execute effectively on the day to day activities of a large team
- An eagerness and ability to learn and understand new development technologies and security threats in order to appropriately understand the work and challenges faced by the team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.