Arc provides SaaS companies with fast non-dilutive growth capital, delivered through a seamless consumerized enterprise technology experience.
Our tech solution and proprietary underwriting model enable us to deliver capital to SaaS founders more quickly and cheaply than legacy offline products, helping founders keep more of the business they built by minimizing dilution. Since launching in September, we have rapidly scaled up customer volume and are looking to expand the team across the board to scale.
Our team of experienced operators comes from Facebook, LinkedIn and Brex and we are backed by awesome seed-stage VCs, including Y Combinator, NFX, Bain Capital Ventures and Clocktower Technology Ventures. Eric MacFarland, the former Head of Underwriting at Brex, recently joined us as our Chief Credit Officer.
You will be joining a lean team moving at breakneck speed to redefine the financial services industry. Arc is uniquely positioned in the alternative financing ecosystem, given its founding team with deep finance expertise (former private equity investors and bankers / consultants).
We are seeking an Underwriting & Portfolio Management Associate to join the Arc family. As one of the early business hires in this exciting venture, you'll be involved in all aspects of our underwriting operations and portfolio analytics for our customers. This is a highly visible role, and you will work alongside the co-founders to reinvent Wall Street for Silicon Valley!
📌 What you’ll do
- Create, implement, automate, and refine our risk assessment and credit underwriting process
- Evaluate potential customers for financing according to our underwriting process, including conducting company due diligence, building credit risk models, and assigning company Arc Scores
- Collaborate with the engineering team to streamline underwriting and portfolio management processes
- Develop portfolio analytics and reporting to effectively monitor and manage credit quality of a growing portfolio
- Create forecasts for portfolio performance, reserve strategy and back-test policy effectiveness
✅ Who you are
- 2-5 years of experience in credit underwriting, investment banking or risk functions at top-tier fintech companies or financial institutions
- Experience in credit risk modeling and developing credit policy
- Ability to use SQL/SAS or other data querying tools
🌟 Nice to Haves
- Experience in executing revenue-based financing and/or merchant cash advance transactions
- Deep knowledge of SaaS, Fintech, Financial Institutions, and/or Capital Markets
- Exposure to loan provision and reserves practices
👓 About Us
- Join us in-person in our beautiful office in San Francisco
- Flexible hours and paid-time-off policy
- Above-market cash & equity package
Join us in building out a modern fintech stack to transform financing!
Arc is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.