About Arc Institute
The Arc Institute is a new scientific institution that conducts curiosity-driven basic science and technology development to understand and treat complex human diseases. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Arc is an independent research organization founded on the belief that many important research programs will be enabled by new institutional models. Arc operates in partnership with Stanford University, UCSF, and UC Berkeley.
While the prevailing university research model has yielded many tremendous successes, we believe in the importance of institutional experimentation as a way to make progress. These include:
- Funding: Arc will fully fund Core Investigator’s (PI’s) research groups, liberating scientists from the typical constraints of project-based external grants.
- Technology: Biomedical research has become increasingly dependent on complex tooling. Arc Technology Centers develop, optimize and deploy rapidly advancing experimental and computational technologies in collaboration with Core Investigators.
- Support: Arc aims to provide first-class support—operationally, financially and scientifically—that will enable scientists to pursue long-term high risk, high reward research that can meaningfully advance progress in disease cures, including neurodegeneration, cancer, and immune dysfunction.
Arc scaled to nearly 100 people in its first year. With $650M+ in committed funding and a state of the art new lab facility in Palo Alto, Arc will continue to grow quickly to several hundred in the coming years.
About the position
This role sits on the People team and is the face of Arc for many of our community members. From all hands meetings to happy hours and team events, this role brings people from across Arc together and uses our physical space to amplify our organizational values.
You are passionate about finishing touches and creating delightful experiences. You enjoy collaborating with a wide array of people and find joy in bringing people together. You thrive on problem solving and look for the best in others.
In this position you will
- 3-7 years project management, event coordination, or office manager experience.
- Experience in a highly collaborative environment, working closely with key partners in Operations, Recruiting and Facilities.
- Exceptional personal organization with ability to dive into the details and anticipate others needs.
- A problem solver with calm and positive energy when interfacing with stakeholders with a variety of needs and styles.
- A strong communicator, you’re able to synthesize relevant information and effectively communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Comfortable with new technology, you’re able to effectively use modern office tools and quickly learn and adapt to new technology systems.
- Ability and desire to work onsite (in Palo Alto, CA) five days per week.
The base salary range for this position is $93,500-$115,000. These amounts reflect the range of base salary that the Institute reasonably would expect to pay a new hire or internal candidate for this position. The actual base compensation paid to any individual for this position may vary depending on factors such as experience, internal equity, market conditions, education/training, and skill level, and does not include bonuses, commissions, differential pay, other forms of compensation, or benefits. This position is also eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus, with the amount dependent on individual and institute performance factors.