About Arc Institute
The Arc Institute is a new scientific institution that conducts curiosity-driven basic science and technology development to understand and treat complex human diseases. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Arc is an independent research organization founded on the belief that many important research programs will be enabled by new institutional models. Arc operates in partnership with Stanford University, UCSF, and UC Berkeley.
While the prevailing university research model has yielded many tremendous successes, we believe in the importance of institutional experimentation as a way to make progress. These include:
- Funding: Arc will fully fund Core Investigator’s (PI’s) research groups, liberating scientists from the typical constraints of project-based external grants.
- Technology: Biomedical research has become increasingly dependent on complex tooling. Arc Technology Centers develop, optimize and deploy rapidly advancing experimental and computational technologies in collaboration with Core Investigators.
- Support: Arc aims to provide first-class support—operationally, financially and scientifically—that will enable scientists to pursue long-term high risk, high reward research that can meaningfully advance progress in disease cures, including neurodegeneration, cancer, and immune dysfunction.
- Culture: We believe that culture matters enormously in science and that excellence is difficult to sustain. We aim to create a culture that is focused on scientific curiosity, a deep commitment to truth, broad ambition, and selfless collaboration.
With $650M in committed funding, the vision in the first 2-3 years is to grow to a team of roughly 150 team members, with plans for further significant growth over the decade ahead.
About the position
Our team is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Recruiter with full cycle recruiting experience across a variety of industries, including life sciences. Our ideal candidate is passionate about building diverse teams, deeply aligned with our mission and excited to build scalable recruiting processes and programs.
In this position you will
- Own the full cycle recruiting process for various functional groups by creating robust pipelines through active sourcing of multiple channels, screening resumes, interviewing, and closing candidates
- Collaborate with hiring managers to deeply understand their hiring goals and build a recruiting strategy and interview plan for each open position, reporting regularly on results
- Partner with the recruiting team to build efficient and scalable recruiting processes
- Proudly represent Arc’s mission and values throughout the hiring process
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting for senior level talent, with 2+ years in life science recruiting
- Experience sourcing and closing senior level candidates
- Excellent problem solving skills with a nod toward practicality
- Ability to wear many hats, be a team player and navigate ambiguity
- A calm and collaborative approach to recruiting
- Strong history of meeting or exceeding hiring goals
- A passion for building diverse teams
- Experience coaching Hiring Managers and building strategic recruiting plans