We need a smart-thinking visionary to build trust with clients.
Clients don’t want a new subject matter strategist every time marketing priorities change—they want someone who is the voice of their customer and truly knows their brand inside and out, and those of their competitors. That’s where the Associate Strategy Director comes in.
As an ASD, you are the secret weapons of Archrival. You are the heart and soul of helping us become a trusted business partner and consultant. You are accelerators of all aspects of our business and those of our clients’— you plug them in anywhere and shit moves forward. As the strategic face of Archrival, you build absolute trust with our clients by always putting client business goals at the forefront. Moving forward, you will help us transition from an agency that is currently account and creative-driven to one that is more strategy-driven and better-suited for longer-term client relationships and deeper project engagement.
Creative Problem-Solver. Marketing Mind. Youth Culture Expert. Storyteller. Strategic Partner. As an ASD, you’ll come up with great ideas that solve problems, work with teams to bring them to life, build and lead presentations to a client, and do it all within a sometimes-unrealistic deadline.
YOUR IMPACT IN THE ROLE
- Be passionate. Live and breathe the brands you work for. Knows their client partners inside and out, from their marketing down to their structure and organization.
- Build trust with clients as a thought leader to define brand goals, brief creative, and develop big-picture strategies based on consumer insights and business objectives.
- Execute strategy at the highest levels, tapping into—and managing— the teams from all other aspects of the agency to execute.
- Is an Archrival and youth culture expert. You understand all our offerings inside and out and use this knowledge to make the right strategic calls with clients and drive new biz.
- Champion projects through execution stages to ensure creative excellence is upheld.
- Be a problem-solver and open to creating solutions that may have never been done before.
- Lead productive internal team collaboration sessions.
- Master the art of presentations and storytelling. Leads stakeholder meetings, workshops and presentations and ensure the audience loves it.
- Understand the marketing landscape. You are conversant in all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Drive projects (lead direction) and contribute to others (influence direction).
- Assist in new business (RFP’s, pitches, etc.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Extensive experience leading a project from start to finish all on own, from ideation all the way through execution (10 years is a good marker).
- Impressive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to push ideas and continually ask ‘what if’.
- Strong understanding of consumer psychology.
- A rich knowledge of digital and social practices.
- Undying passion for youth and consumer culture.
- Great communication and presentation skills- you know how to own a room and build trust.
- Experience leading teams to desired project outcomes.
- Robust portfolio of working with innovative consumer brands.
- A knack for creating strong presentations to sell concepts.
YOU AT ARCHRIVAL
- Understanding of youth culture and passion for continuous learning.
- Desire to go against the grain and take on challenges that may have never been done before.
- Team first, remain humble and never leave another Archrivaler hanging.
- Driven to excellence, committed to grinding out great work mixed with a playful point-of-view.
- Contribute to a community of belonging. Our collective differences make Archrival f’n awesome.
HUMAN-POWERED MARKETING AT ARCHRIVAL
Archrival powers Field + Influence movements for the best companies in the world. We believe in the transformative power of putting the right people, in the right place, at the right moment. The people behind brands are what truly make them human, thus creating an authentic connection between company and consumer. This is Human-Powered Marketing.
DIVERSE REPRESENTATION IN YOUTH CULTURE
Archrival stands to positively affect the diversity, equity and inclusion of youth culture creatively. We are committed to fostering a place of belonging for underrepresented and marginalized communities. We are intentional in creating equal employment opportunities to all applicants and teammates in regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.