ArchiveSocial is a remote friendly company headquartered in Durham, NC. This role will be a hybrid role of working remotely and in-person at our Durham office.
*Due to COVID-19, all company employees are currently working remotely.
Who is ArchiveSocial?
ArchiveSocial is the #1 provider of archiving technology in the public sector. We empower government entities, law enforcement agencies, and school districts to actively participate on social networking channels by ensuring they can fulfill legal requirements and avoid lawsuits. Our software-as-a-service solution is trusted by more than 3,500 organizations including New York City, the State of North Carolina, and the United States Department of Justice. In 2017 we collaborated with the White House to launch the first archive of presidential social media in history (for the outgoing Obama administration).
We are a rapidly growing company recognized as a GovTech Top 100 company for 6 years running. Tech Tribune named us the Best Tech Startup in Durham in 2020. Our office is located in the heart of Downtown Durham, NC, walking distance from the Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham Bulls Athletic Stadium, American Tobacco Campus, the American Underground (a Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub), and some of the best food in the Southeast.
ArchiveSocial is partnered with NextRequest Co and Monsido Inc, two other govtech firms with staff in the United States, UK, Denmark and Australia.
What does the Head of Human Resources do?
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Human Resources will be broadly responsible for enabling employee engagement while playing a leading role in shaping our value-driven culture. With a strong balance of business acumen and deep HR expertise, this person will develop HR programs and tools to deliver the highest level of HR services and ensure outstanding HR support. The role has direct responsibility for talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations/engagement, compensation, benefits and employee programs, and will partner with Operations to ensure the company maintains a safe working environment. This role will be responsible for the HR activities of ArchiveSocial, NextRequest and Monsido (total of approximately 270 staff members); we expect to grow to approximately 350 staff members by the end of 2022. In this role you will:
- Build and manage a team performing core HR functions, such as new hire onboarding and training, supporting employee experience, and managing compensation and benefits for employees across multiple corporate entities in several states in the U.S and abroad
- Act as a trusted advisor to the executive team regarding team performance and organizational effectiveness
- Oversee talent acquisition, providing recruiting leadership, ensuring a strong recruiting culture focused on candidate experience, diversity, timeliness, and quality, while meeting demanding hiring goals
- Develop relationships with the employees and become someone who is sought for counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues
- Guide managers in matters of employee engagement, effective leadership, change management, and communications, addressing concerns to assure fair and equitable treatment while staying compliant with local labor regulations and practices
- Mediate employee relations and counsel managers on appropriate methods of performance management, including terminations, if necessary
- Oversee all aspects of employee benefits and rewards including partnership with external brokers, designing and implementing benefit plans, coordinating with Finance and Operations as needed
- Develop comprehensive approaches to addressing skill gaps, employee development, and retention, through refining or creating career paths, employee development programs, and succession planning
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy
- Lead organizational effectiveness and DEI initiatives including developing People Training and coaching programs, improving performance review while also building a culture of continuous feedback
Who are you?
- A critical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to manage projects to an effective and timely outcome
- A strong communicator with business acumen, ability to provide detailed explanations and reasoning
- Experienced with proactively managing risk with employment practices, following all local, state, federal and international laws and regulations
- Someone with knowledge of, and experience with, human resource information systems
- Someone with at least 5 years of experience in progressively responsible roles in Human Resources, including HR business partner or "generalist" with deep experience in talent, performance management, employee relations/engagement and compensation
- Someone with at least two years of international HR experience, preferred
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification, preferred
What do we offer?
- A fun, dynamic workplace
- A truly collaborative environment with a leadership team that wants to hear your ideas and help you grow
- Direct access to Company Leadership - have a chat, coffee, lunch, etc with leadership, including the CEO
- Fully paid medical insurance and contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental, Vision, Life, and 401k with employer match
- Open vacation policy and flexible work environment
- Paid Parental Leave
Please note, this is an in-office position, and we require all employees working in our office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
ArchiveSocial is unable to sponsor visas at this time. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident authorized to work in the US.
Due to the high volume of applications for this position, we are not able to respond directly to each applicant.
All applicants will be subject to a background check.
ArchiveSocial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.