Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We’re looking for an industry-leading Concept Artist with broad visual skills and extensive development experience to join a new science fiction project. Apply your extensive experience to guide both high-level ideation and to clarify the visual choices needed to inform downstream production. If you are passionate about exploring ideas, are driven to break through expectations to discover something new and fresh and have the visual skills to communicate and inspire others we’d love to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Develop visual targets that inform and inspire the team and consistently raise the visual bar.
- Create a wide range of visual material from high level concepts to detailed production designs, schematics and markup
- Work closely with the Art Director in the creation of materials that establish the artistic vision.
- Collaborate with internal and external Concept Artists to elevate the artistic vision.
- Inspire and mentor other artists as a creative voice in both giving and receiving feedback.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of experience in AAA game development as a Concept Artist.
- Strong skills applying contemporary concept tools and techniques. 2D required, ability to work in 3D is ideal.
- Exceptional design sense, specifically within the science fiction genre
- A collaborative approach to working with the development team to deliver an exceptional game
- A broad range of problem-solving, ideation and prototyping abilities
- The internal drive, effective communication skills, and positive team-player approach to build a truly outstanding game.
- A passion for science fiction, world building and role-playing games.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.