Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a QA Manager to join our team. In this role, you will build and lead our QA team and maintain a high bar for quality for our first game. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in QA for AAA games who enjoys working collaboratively with all teams, fosters teamwork, and builds trust with leadership and developers alike. This role reports to the Technical Operations Director.
What You’ll Do
- Build, mentor, and empower a team that focuses on both quality and development efficiency
- Own the QA budget and partner with external vendors to provide the testing required to deliver a AAA game at quality and on time
- Establish QA roles and workflows that integrate into our game development processes
- Build a creative QA strategy that combines multiple testing methodologies to improve test coverage and iteration cycle times
- Collaborate with the Engineering on test automation initiatives
- Partner with Technical Operations to build our testing infrastructure
- Work with Design leadership to employ UX testing throughout development
- Lead first-party certification and ratings authority submission efforts
- Define and provide visibility for critical game quality metrics to leadership
- Promote a collaborative relationship between QA and developers and foster continuous improvement in game development and testing
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years in QA on multiple AAA titles
- Experience building and leading a QA team
- Proven knowledge of QA methodologies, conventions, and tools
- Deep experience developing effective test plans and workflows
- Ability to integrate QA into the game software development cycle
- Understanding of how to measure and communicate game quality to developers
- Authority speaking on behalf of product quality to leadership
- Success driving process and technological innovation in QA
- A passion for games and user experience
- Open and collaborative communications style
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.