Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
Archetype is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our world-class team! In this role, you will specify, implement, deploy, and maintain the technology solutions required for in-studio operations and game development. The ideal candidate has broad experience in both networking, server management, configuration management, security in public cloud (AWS) and on premises environments. They will also need to be familiar with all technology requirements of game studios. This role works closely with the Technical Operations Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Build and support all server, network, and cloud infrastructure for the studio
- Identify and deploy endpoint security, network security, VPN, and remote work solutions
- Define and deploy backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Manage SaaS services, including Atlassian, Microsoft 365, Zoom, Slack, and others
- Build processes and automation to provide efficient support to the development team
- Coordinate with the Engineering, Art, Design, Audio, Production, and QA teams to implement new in-studio, cloud, or SaaS solutions to meet their needs
- Architect solutions that enable collaborative development for remote work for studio staff as well as freelancers and outsourcing partners securely and efficiently
What You’ll Bring
- Experience running technology systems for a game studio
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS and Azure
- Development in Python or other scripting languages
- Linux system administration
- Systems and information security concepts and standards
- Servers and storage: Linux, VMware, RAID, etc.
- LAN and WAN: Cisco, PAN, AWS DirectConnect, etc.
- Identity and security management: Cisco ASA, Active Directory, LDAP, Okta, AWS AIM, AWS Route53, etc.
- Configuration management: Perforce, Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Logging, Monitoring, and Analytics: SumoLogic, Prometheus, etc.
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.