Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more! Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
Archetype Entertainment seeks an industry Cinematic Animator with a strong skillset and experience to join an unannounced project. Candidates must have excellent animation skills, strong knowledge working with Maya, experience with mocap and setting up & maintaining scenes in engine. You will be key in defining and situating the game’s world-class cinematics. This role requires strong skills, work ethics and experienced team-player capabilities.
What You'll Do
- Be a key player in the Cine Animation team and deliver on its demanding animation quality
- Estimate, manage and complete daily tasks
- Reliable go-to for all Cine Animation tasks
- Help mentor junior animators as well as proactively resolve issues
- Work with Tech Anim and Engineering to meet Cine’s demanding requirements
- Collaborate with other dev teams to accomplish tasks
- Primary hands-on animation work
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in games / film or at least 2 shipped AAA game / movie title as an Animator
- Must have outstanding work ethics to perform under tight schedule, take demanding feedback to deliver high fidelity animation
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills to provide and take feedback, be a positive teammate and highly engaged
- Deep understanding of corresponding aspects of animation, such as modeling and rigging
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Strong eye for clean animation and action / performance
- Experience working with mocap
- Great with Maya, cinematics workflows & experienced with Unreal Engine
- A passion for story-driven roleplaying games
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.