Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior/Principal Character Artist with a strong 3D technical background to join us on an exciting unannounced project! Bring your extensive modeling and sculpting experience to help us build outstanding and compelling characters and creatures. You will assist in defining the overall look and feel of a wide variety of characters, weapons, and other elements. This role requires a strong sense of design as well as the ability to implement the highest-quality art.
What You’ll Do
- Create iconic 3D characters that establish and drive the quality bar for our project.
- Assist Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing our character art process and pipelines.
- Elevate, visualize and evangelize our artistic vision as part of an outstanding development team.
What You’ll Bring
- The internal drive, depth of communication skills, and positive team-player approach to build a truly outstanding game.
- 7 +yrs of focused experience in AAA game development as a Character Artist specializing in organic forms using Maya, Zbrush or similar tools.
- Experience collaborating and iterating with other Character Artists both internally and externally.
- The creative vision to take a character to completion from either a detailed or a high-level concept image.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of next-generation asset creation pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- Experience partnering with an Art Director or visual lead in developing a unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style and process for characters, creatures, and manufactured forms.
- Exceptional understanding of character form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- The ability to contribute, interpret and clearly communicate art direction within a team.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and prototyping.
- A passion for deep, compelling science fiction stories and role-playing games.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.