Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world!
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
Are you an Environment Artist who has a passion for worldbuilding and science fiction? We are looking for a Sr/Principal Environment Artist to join our team! In this role, you will either support the creation of environments that match the feel of our world or build benchmark and project defining work. This role requires strong attention to detail, an eye for beautiful lighting and composition, and skill crafting real-time assets. You are collaborative and creative in your efforts to use tools and techniques in order to create immersive and well-crafted environments.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the construction of beautiful environments in our game engine or build them to match the quality bar for the project.
- Work closely with other Environment Artists and creative leads to uphold the artistic vision of our game.
- Collaborate with team members from both internal and outsourced teams.
- Grow as an artist and push your skills to the limit as we build an entirely new universe from the ground up.
What You'll Bring
- 5 + yrs experience in AAA high-fidelity digital game development specifically contributing to Environment Art; hard surface modeling, terrain, architecture, shaders and materials.
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and an excellent team player attitude.
- Creative initiative and vision to work from a concept image to build and create assets of high visual quality.
- Knowledge of next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- A portfolio showcasing an outstanding eye for lighting, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy.
- Problem-solving and prototyping ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with game designers, programmers and other art team members. As a Principal, you also have experience collaborating with senior creative leadership to help build and implement the artistic direction of a game.
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction.
- Unreal experience is a plus!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.