Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop safety critical software components for the flight software, including flight controls, battery management systems, motor controls and actuators.
- Participate in planning, design, scheduling, prioritizing, and tracking the project.
- Work with system engineers to decompose item requirements into high level and low level software requirements in compliance with DO-178C.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate complex hardware/software systems.
- Development of software plans, processes, & guidelines
- Software requirements decomposition, analysis, definition, and traceability
- Software design and development, performance, risk, safety, operation and cost optimization trade studies, and lead / conduct design reviews
- Software analyses, requirements-based testing, and structural coverage analysis
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes to increase safety and efficiency.
What you need:
- 3+ years of experience in a related field
- At least a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Fluency with widely used scripting languages like bash and Python
- Experience developing software complying with safety standards like DO-178C or ISO 26262
- Understanding of communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc…)
- Familiarity with debuggers and lab instruments such oscilloscopes and bus analyzers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience working on software for Flight Controls, Electric Vehicles (EV) powertrains, including motor control and battery management systems
- Experience with VHDL and/or Verilog development
- Familiarity with modeling tools like UML or SysML
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and multi-threading
- Experience in Linux
- Experience with DO-254
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $148,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.