Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture, development and certification of Flight Control Electronics for Archer's Aircraft Fly-by-Wire Flight Control System.
- Define roadmaps and schedules, organize and prioritize the work, track and communicate progress.
- Propose and evaluate technical concepts, perform trade-off analyses, and support the development of the Fly by Wire system functional and physical architectures in accordance with ARP 4754A.
- Support the definition and execution of the certification plan, and validation and verification plan.
- Define and validate the control electronics, and associated items requirements, including requirements implemented by hardware, and requirements implemented by software.
- Contribute to the integration and test of the system, support laboratory and aircraft integration, laboratory, ground, and flight test campaigns.
- Work closely with suppliers to select, procure, design, and build components for the Fly by Wire system.
- Work closely with other systems teams that interface with the Fly by Wire system, and other Archer teams including Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Certification, Software Development, Integrated Test, Flight Test, and others.
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Experience leading technical projects.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace or related field.
- Experience developing requirements specifications for system and/or equipment development.
- Great understanding of computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, ARINC-429, Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Good knowledge of validation and verification process in alignment with civil aviation standards ARP-4754A, DO-254 / DO-178C / DO-331.
- Good knowledge on 14 CFR parts 23/25/91/135 and applicable guidance materials.
- Experience working with system suppliers, subcontractors, or aircraft OEMs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Availability to support frequent trips to Archer HQ if working remotely.
- Availability to support sporadic business trips within the US or abroad to support discussions, testing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with all phases of aircraft development from concept to certification and entry into service.
- Experience developing requirements specifications for control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement full time critical systems.
- Experience with system or equipment development per ARP-4754A, DO-254 / DO-178C / DO-331.
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis.
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML).
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $112,000-$140,00. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.