Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with technical and business experts to determine critical requirements for vehicle requirements, charging infrastructure, operations, certification, and network development.
- Design and build dashboards, conduct analysis, and expand data pipelines to inform stakeholder decisions across departments
- Contribute to our Prime Radiant software suite, which is used to influence Archer’s strategic planning and operations
- Identify novel problems in Urban Air Mobility (UAM) that have not yet been explored, and solve and present them to leadership
- Build algorithms used in real-time service to move riders and aircraft efficiently that power the digital backbone of our core product
- Apply ad hoc data analytics and present findings to influence strategy
What you need:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of industry experience using data to create insight into complicated problems
- Proficiency with Python for analysis
- Proficiency with SQL or SQL-like tools
- Understanding of general data science concepts
- Creative mind who can identify new and creative problems in addition to executing against known ones. Moreover, one that is able to organically apply the most appropriate technology to the given problem.
- A passion for learning new technologies with a growth mindset, and for interfacing with stakeholders across the business
- A passion for urban mobility, sustainable transportation, and the future of cities.
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc.)
- Experience with Python in production
- Experience working with geospatial data, e.g. with Geopandas or QGIS
- Experience presenting complex quantitative analyses into a clear and concise summary for executives
- Prior experience with or a degree in transportation systems
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $104,000-$130,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.