Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
- Department focal responsible for the development, creation and implementation of manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Write and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, programming manuals, operational and engineering specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate and assess practical applications of training material.
- Preparation of illustrative materials, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Acquire subject knowledge by collaborating with engineers, observing production methods, and referring to industry standard technical specifications, engineering drawings, models, and schematics.
- Studies technical data packages, bill of materials, specifications, mock-ups, conceptual designs, and demonstrator aircraft to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
- Participate in project team meetings and meet deadlines as determined by project schedule
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing or quality experience within Aerospace or Automotive
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Experience with technical writing (i.e., technical manuals or work instructions)
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Strong bias for action, can communicate vision clearly, and be a driver of change
- Demonstrate ability and experience in working effectively with teams, including virtual teams, but also independently or with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability and experience in meeting deadlines and quality standards
- Experience utilizing or interfacing with NX/teamcenter
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of various operation software and the Google suite.
- Experience developing production lines from prototype to mass production
- Working under an FAA Production Certificate
- Standing up a new production facility
- Experience working with an MES
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 requirements
- San Jose, California
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $108,000- $135,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.