Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Summarize financial results by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other financial statements
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual closing process, including preparation of month end journal entries
- Participate in ongoing periodic budget and forecasting processes
- Assist with external audits by analyzing general ledger accounts; provide information to auditors
- Support in improving the Company's existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide ongoing support to business partners
- Execute on key SOX Compliance Controls
What you need:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- ERP (SAP or Oracle) systems experience is a plus
- Big 4 and/or Public Company experience is a plus
- Cost Accounting Experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Google Suite is a plus
- Experience with Blackline accounts reconciliation software is a plus
- Detail oriented and highly organized and high degree of initiative
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills needed to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments
- Ability to understand problems quickly and make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current US GAAP
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $96,000 - $120,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.