Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Team to support builds of product builds of product, bringing up equipment and maintaining Manufacturing lines.
- Particitpates in engineering prototype builds
- Design and build basic lab fixtures and tools
- Procure, install, organize and maintain shop and equipment
- Support team with inventory and ordering.
- Organize lab benches and stock room
- Fabricate wire harnesses based on schematics
- Work with engineers and facilities technicians to maintain a clean, safe and useable lab and shop space
- Perform routine maintenance of environmental chambers
- Operate a Lathe and Mill to create simple components and fixtures
- Perform inspections and measurements of product dimensions using basic Quality Control measuring tools, CMM, calipers, micrometer, depth gauges, measurement microscope etc.
- Order and procure tools and materials as required
- As Archer grows you will collaborate with Production Engineering, EH&S, Quality, Operations, and Product Design regularly.
- Provide solutions or alternative approaches to solve basic technical manufacturing problems
- Support engineering activities including prototype development, proof of concept studies, process and assembly validation.
- Help develop, draft, and update assembly documentation to guide others in assembly processes, train others as needed
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree, or equivalent
- Extensive practical experience as an automotive or electronics engineering technician.
- Direct hands on build experience with mechanical and electronic assemblies
- Strong soldering, electronics fabrication and wire harness skills
- Hands on Mechanical building experience with torque tools
- High quality workmanship standards, ability to test continuity and isolation of a wire harness
- Experience with product testing, including (but not limited to):
- Environmental stress testing
- Electrical testing
- Mechanical / structural testing
- Preferred: Valid High Voltage training certificate from an OEM or demonstrated working knowledge of battery powered systems
- Excellent documentation and written communication; proficient using Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of drafting standards (read and interpret construction and mechanical drawings) to produce parts and assemblies
- Preferred: Basic CAD design experience (i.e. NX, Catia, Solidworks)
- Knowledge of the machining properties of various materials (steel, aluminum, bronze, plastics)
- Preferred: CNC machining and programming experience (CNC Machining Center/Mill/Lathe)
- Experience with internal and external threading processes
- Experience using and maintaining shop equipment and tooling (drill press, bandsaw, grinders, sanders)
- Experience using measurement, inspection and scribing tools (caliper, micrometer, height gage, scribe, …)
- Familiarity with 5S or similar workplace organization methods
- Experience building high quality engineered assemblies using technical drawings
- Experience following all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S, Arc Flash, etc.).
- Ability to occasionally conduct physically demanding test activities and ability to lift 50 lbs
- Prefer ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Direct experience with aviation builds and assembly
- Passion for electric motors, aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $40-50 an hour. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.