Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Perform the systems testing of prototype and certified batteries for eVTOL aircraft
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop test plans and execute on those plans for flight critical hardware
- Develop, design, and procure complete testing setups for DO-160 environmental tests and design verification tests
- Assist in developing the digital testing infrastructure for data storage and analysis
- Analyze test data and share with engineering teams
- Create reports for submission to the FAA.
- Coordinate the companywide systems testing program by creating schedules, highlighting risks, etc.
- Help develop and maintain safety procedures for operating with and around high voltage systems
What you need:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a battery design or testing environment
- Proficient in DO-160G, DO-311A, & UN 38.3 test planning, setup, and execution
- Experience testing Thermal Runaway Propagation Testing on battery cells, modules, and packs
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience with reliability testing on high current power systems
- Experience with a wide variety of DAQ systems
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Demonstrated project execution experience
- Excellence in technical writing
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to travel to test facilities
- Experience with Battery Manufacturing
- Hands-on experience wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Experience with Battery Teardown
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production
- Experience with AVL, Arbin, Neware, Chroma, and/or other Test Cycler Systems
- Experience with Vibration, Shock, and other test equipment
"At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $148,000-$185,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience."