Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the development and deployment of policies, procedures, and standards for production quality that meet AS9100 and FAA requirements. This includes partnering with manufacturing engineering in the development of production inspection plans and quality control plans from engineering design data, to include model based design/digital product definition.
- Participate in the production facility set up. Determine equipment and tools necessary for inspection based on manufacturing plans.
- Assess production flows to identify and embed innovative solutions that ensure product compliance while supporting rate and takt.
- Take a key role in the planning and process for company inspection in support of FAA conformity inspection and certification process. Establish inspection procedures and standards as necessary to assure airworthiness and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in training and oversight of production inspectors.
- Ensure that documentation packages and inspection of products are complete to assure all defined tasks are completed and in compliance with required regulations and internal documentation prior to FAA DAR conformity inspection.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP/PPAP/AS9145), Six Sigma and Lean concepts to drive predictable manufacturing performance. Participate in design reviews and design for assembly and manufacturability activity. Establish variation reduction activities based on Quality Control plans and process capability analysis.
- Participate in the set up of IT systems to support AS9100 process execution including but not limited to the following: product traceability, non-conforming material control/MRB, SPC, operator verification program and stamp program.
- Lead RCCA 8D analysis for production quality issues.
- Assist in implementation and review of quality KPIs.
What You Need
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Science. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least five years of progressive experience in Quality/Operations.
- Working knowledge in the selection and application of proper inspection techniques and tools such as CMM, Optical Inspection, hand tools. Experience in automated inspection techniques is a plus.
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as PFMEA, DFMEA, GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Working knowledge of AS9102 and FAA conformity process.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to cross functional teams. Experience with model based design is desired.
- Knowledge of Quality Standards such as AS9100, AS9103, AS9145, and AS6500.
- Quality Assurance Processes and New Product Development approval process APQP/PPAP.
- Effective at performing data analysis using software such as Excel, MiniTab, etc …
- Experienced in AS9100 / FAA/ NADCAP compliant Quality systems to include: authoring and deploying policies and procedures and auditing.
- Project management skills demonstrated; solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication & presentation skills both written & oral; ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-starter, able to self-motivate and complete tasks with limited supervision; autonomous.