Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Lead ESS APQP efforts internally and within the supply base. Oversee first article inspections, company conformites and approve PPAPs.
- Oversee qualification activities at suppliers (includes traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making).
- Participate in design reviews to assure product quality.
- Establish and maintain control plans to assure critical features are controlled and monitored through the assembly/production processes.
- Establish criteria for part inspection standards based on product specification and process critical requirements.
- Partner with supplier quality for auditing and source inspection at supplier locations. Oversee design quality and support technical requirements flow down to external suppliers.
- Collaborate with cell suppliers and battery pack assembly integrators to develop full lifecycle quality planning.
- Manage and facilitate effective root cause & corrective actions through tracking and validation of issues and support in root cause analysis through facilitating brainstorming, use of lean methodologies, hypothesis testing, design of experiments, DMAIC, 8D, etc.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and manufacturing quality to iterate quality planning and prototype processes to production process and quality level.
- Participate in non-conforming material process. Analyze product and data to assist in material review board dispositions and drive continuous improvement.
What You Need
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Science. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in Quality/Operations.
- Relevant experience in Energy Storage Systems, Battery Management Systems, cells, manufacturing, testing, quality planning, and supplier technical engagement.
- Experience with high voltage, dielectrics, circuit board assemblies, wire harnessing and electrical contacts is desirable.
- Working knowledge in the selection and application of proper inspection techniques and tools.
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as PFMEA, DFMEA,GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Working knowledge of AS9102 and FAA conformity process.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to cross functional teams. Experience with model based design is desired.
- Quality Assurance Processes and New Product Development approval process APQP/PPAP.
- Effective at performing data analysis using software such as Excel, MiniTab, etc …
- Project management skills demonstrated; solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication & presentation skills both written & oral; ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-starter, able to self-motivate and complete tasks with limited supervision; autonomous.