Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
As a member of our Systems Engineering team you will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering, and will help define, validate, implement, and verify requirements for our first certified aircraft. You will act as the multi-disciplinary integrator for the Air Vehicle team and contribute to the integration of the vehicle as a whole managing airframe, doors, landing gear, environmental control system, and cabin interior system requirements.
What you’ll do
- Author and take responsibility for the Air Vehicle product requirements
- Ensure the requirement set is complete and correct, with traceability to and fulfilling higher-level requirements
- Coordinate with other System Engineers to ensure the fully integrated aircraft meets its requirements and is optimized
- Collaborate with the Air Vehicle technical leads and safety engineers to define functional breakdowns and identify functional and physical interfaces
- Participate in architecture definition, trade studies, and mutli-disciplinary integration problem solving
- Develop lower-level requirement sets with support from the technical leads and subject matter experts
- Coordinate the Validation and Verification processes for the Air Vehicle, ensuring the plans are followed and process independence is maintained
- Contribute to improving internal processes and tools
What we are looking for
- Collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Degree in engineering or related field
- Experience developing requirements and supporting configuration and architecture definitions on one or more civil aircraft
- Full understanding of the Systems Engineering standard used in civil aviation and the underlying reasons and purpose for each process and activity
- Experience on one or more civil aviation programs with a Systems Engineering process used for certification credit
- Extensive experience using one or more requirements management tools
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the regulations and standards applicable to transport and general aviation aircraft
- Experience developing highly integrated aerospace systems
- Experience executing formal Validation and Verification activities in a civil aerospace program
- Experience defining custom features or proposing improvements to requirements management tools
- Experience developing or using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models and tools
Archer is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. On-site work is strongly preferred due to the benefit of in-person interaction for complex problem solving and collaboration.