Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
As a supplier quality manager you will be in a unique position to lead the set up of our AS9100 and FAA Quality system supplier requirements. You will also be responsible for setting the Zero Defect strategy for the supply base and developing an internal team of supplier quality engineers and assisting in the set up of receiving inspection processes. This role is a mix of both strategic and hands on activity such as conducting supplier audits and driving supplier RCCA.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development and deployment of policies, procedures, and standards for Supplier Quality Management that meet AS9100 and FAA requirements, including development of supplier selection, oversight, and purchase order quality flow down requirements.
- Participate in the Make/Buy process and partner with Supply Chain on supplier selection and approval activities. Perform supplier quality system initial audits and surveillance audits as required. Assist in the development of supplier scorecard criteria.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP/PPAP/AS9145), Six Sigma and Lean concepts to drive predictable supplier performance and supplier improvement. Develop and lead Zero Defect Planning strategy with the supply base.
- Participate in the set up of IT systems to support AS9100 process execution including but not limited to the following: supplier portal, Approved Supplier/Vendor List (ASL/AVL), dock to stock program, non-conforming material and Return to Vendor (RTV) process, Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR), supplier performance reporting, and receiving inspection plans and inspection results.
- Develop a team of Supplier Quality Engineers and Receiving Inspectors. Create a strategy to ensure robust sampling/inspection plans and a dock-to-stock strategy.
- Ensure conformity of products provided by the supply base. Monitor and address deficiencies in Supplier Performance. Ensure that disposition of nonconforming material is handled in a timely manner to support internal MRB processes. This includes issuance and timely resolution of supplier corrective action reports and closure of nonconformance issues.
What You Need
- Bachelor of Science Degree in STEM field of study. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of progressive experience in Quality/Operations/Supply chain management. 3-5 years of management experience.
- Experienced in AS9100 / FAA/ NADCAP compliant Quality systems to include: authoring and deploying policies and procedures and auditing.
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as PFMEA, DFMEA, GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Working knowledge of AS9102 and FAA conformity process.
- Experienced in eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level through use/implementation of 8D to drive Supplier Zero Defect Strategy
- Knowledge of Quality Standards such as AS9103, AS9145, and AS9134.
- Quality Assurance Processes and New Product Development approval process APQP/PPAP.
- Effective at performing data analysis using software such as Excel, MiniTab, etc.
- Project management skills demonstrated; solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication & presentation skills both written & oral; ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-starter, able to self-motivate and complete tasks with limited supervision; autonomous.