Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- As the Program Manager for Electrical Propulsion Unit you will be responsible and accountable for the performance of a significant program critical to the success of the Archer eVTOL aircraft.
- You will be responsible for and have the authority to leadership and manage the development and production of Electrical Propulsion Units for Archer Aviation.
- Responsibility scope includes leading new product development, identifying production solutions (Make or Buy), collaborating on test plans and supporting aircraft certification and entry into service.
- The primary deliverable will be the successful development, test, production and certification of all components, sub-systems, systems within the Electrical Propulsion Unit (EPU) Program.
- Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance to program requirements and milestones for all systems and subsystems within the scope of responsibility.
- The Program Manager will define, launch, and drive mission-critical technical and business initiatives to ensure program success and will be expected to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- The Program Manager will
- develop strong relationships across Archer, inclusive of suppliers, and lead a multidisciplinary team to execute complex development programs within schedule and budget.
- WIll build program task-based schedules, lead program kickoff and / or gate meetings, and track milestone progress against the program management plan.
- Will identify and manage program Risks, Issues and Opportunities to closure.
- Will utilize configuration control and change management to maintain technical discipline of the program.
- Will be responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for planning, scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- In collaboration with Program Managers, Control Account Managers and Work Package Managers, will define, acquire, and allocate budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objective of the program.
- The Program Manager will be expected to exercise judgment and delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
What you need:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience with electrical propulsion design, development, test and production.
- Strong interpersonal skills especially in team building/maintenance and customer relationships.
- Technical product and program leadership experience.
- Must be able to act independently and make decisions on administrative / operational issues affecting the success of this organization.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Preferred (or equivalent),
- Master's Degree in Engineering and / or MBA is desirable,
- >7 years related experience is preferred,
- Thorough understanding of engineering product development including design phases, manufacturing business processes and supply chain management knowledge..