Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a primary Subject Matter Expert for planning and scheduling processes, procedures, tools and systems.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Program Management Office (PMO) regarding program planning and scheduling with program team members.
- Work with Control Account Managers and Work Package Managers to status and update various schedules.
- Interface with Functional Department and Cost Centers (e.g. Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, etc).
- Collaborate with program team members and departments to establish plans and schedules that allocate resources to best achieve program requirements and service internal and external client or customer needs.
- Manage and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Compare actual performance against planned performance to identify variances, and help manage tasks on the Critical Path.
- Provide training for personnel who are required to participate in and contribute to program planning and scheduling.
- Participate and contribute to decision making leading up to Program Management Reviews.
- Participate in periodic forecasting related to schedule performance risks, likelihood of success, maintaining program schedule reserve, etc.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
What you need:
- Proven expertise in program planning and scheduling including knowledge of developing and maintaining schedule networks.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, schedule reserve, Forward Pass-Backward Pass schedule analysis, predecessors and successors, interdependencies and other schedule logic tools and best practices.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Online.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years of related experience required.
- Thorough understanding of the engineering design phases, manufacturing business processes and supply chain management knowledge.
- Forecasting and production planning skills.
- Extremely proficient with production planning systems, such as MRP II and integrating program schedules with ERP or MRP systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) or Program Management Institute (PMI).
- 10+ years of related experience in an aerospace engineering or manufacturing company.