Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
As a member of our Reliability and Maintainability team you will report to the Manager of Safety, Reliability, and Maintainability, and will help define and achieve reliability and maintainability requirements for our first certified aircraft. You will influence the design and installation of every system on the vehicle, and how the vehicle is operated and maintained.
What you’ll do
- Perform and guide team members performing reliability and maintainability activities
- Represent Reliability and Maintainability in multi-disciplinary decision making and regulatory compliance activities
- Take ownership of the Reliability and Maintainability guidelines, processes, and work methods and of the vehicle’s maintenance plan
- Create, implement, and maintain a fault reporting and management system
- Lead discussions with suppliers under with oversight from team leadership and the Supply Chain organization
- Lead discussions with regulators under with oversight from team leadership and the Certification and Test organization
What we are looking for
- Collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Degree in engineering or related field
- Experience with all types of systems commonly used on civil aircraft
- Experience with all phases of aircraft development from concept to entry into service
- Experience performing all types of reliability and maintainability analysis commonly used in civil aviation
- Experience creating, validating, and verifying aircraft and system-level reliability and maintainability requirements
- Experience being personally accountable for one or more aircraft-level reliability or maintainability activities on a civil aircraft certification program
- Detailed understanding of civil aviation standards, practices, and regulations
Archer is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. On-site work is preferred due to the benefit of in-person interaction for complex problem solving and collaboration, however, this position allows the possibility of remote work from any location in the U.S. with occasional company-sponsored business travel to headquarters.