Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
At Archer, we believe in living with passion and purpose. We strive to enhance human capabilities, to ground unique experiences in a weightless form, and to awaken the human sense of the free spirit. At Archer, we see the world with our senses. We dare, we dream, we feel differently. And most importantly, we leave no trace. At Archer, we are ready to change the world. Are you?
If so, join a young, fun and super-fast company that is constantly pushing the boundaries when it comes to innovation, experiences and solutions.
You will be developing Archer’s digital design capability through strong creativity, leadership and inventive concepts. You design the UI/UX journey with the aim of defining the digital ecosystem that will benchmark the industry.
Key to the role is being being able to work independent, be resourceful and have an eagle eye for detail. You bring disruptive and beautifully crafted concepts to the table that will enable Archer to be perceived as a cohesive, authentic, genuine and undisputed brand.
You ask the right questions, you dare to speak up, and find joy in the fine details of your craft. You have a broad understanding of graphic/digital design. Typography and digital standards are as essential as the experience to execute projects of all sizes.
You’re humble while pushing the work forward in an environment that encourages expression, inclusivity, and collaboration.
In short, you establish a true emotional connection with all of us and with our consumers.
What you’ll do
- Help build the user experience from first to last mile with innovative, simple, intuitive and relevant digital and non-digital solutions for the customer journey.
- Create and maintain design systems, user flows, wireframes and delivery assets, from sketches to final.
- Establish the digital design system and set the foundation of the digital ecosystem of Archer’s world.
- Define information architecture for experiences/products/services, including narrative or storytelling when needed
- Execute and facilitate research and testing efforts to bring to live the digital components.
- Keep developers and UI involved with your work and explorations to streamline and enhance your and their iterations.
- Spot and document areas of opportunity to enhance product strategy.
- Design pixel perfect aesthetics and UI patterns, while humanizing the brand.
- Focus on detail, quality, and timeliness.
- Deliver consistently turn around top-notch creative work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Be a champion for our culture and values.
- Understand that design is about moving people, not pixels.
- Maintain a competitive edge against competitor products and industry trends.
- Exercise a cross functional collaboration and issue resolution with all departments withing the Design Studio and Archer Headquarters.
What we are looking for
- +6 years of experience working as a digital designer at a high, international level.
- A stellar portfolio that shows creative range, experience with tech products/experiences, and exceptional attention to detail, functionality and aesthetics.
- Ability to present work clearly and effectively to communicate your thinking and help stakeholders to make decisions.
- Expert-level skills with some of the following softwares such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Zepelin, Uxpin, Marvel, Google products, Trello, Jira and the Adobe CS.
- Basic understanding of coding (desirable but not a must).
- Experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work remotely, as well as in person.
- Understanding of UX research methodologies and ability to execute some of them if needed.
- Knowledge around heuristics and UCD best practices and principles.
- Creative problem-solving skills to tackle complex creative problems and bring new ideas to life.
- Ability to own projects from concept through execution.
- Great communication skills and experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work to clients through writing, in person, or over video chat.
- Ability to work quickly through multiple iterations/projects while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Innovate by bringing new angles, best practices and practical solutions — guaranteeing projects meet and exceed our standards.
- Help to shape the projects by bringing fresh ideas to the table, putting a spin on content and interaction ideas to elevate the experience to new heights.
- Conceptualize work from the human experience side, with a consumer/mobile first centric mentality.
- Create lean documentation of features and functionalities to instruct our developers.
- Lead workshop sessions, internally and externally to co-create and ideate concepts in a fast-paced environment.
- Be up-to-date with the latest (design) trends and innovations.
- You understand the means to generate empathy and intimacy with a user.
- Last but not least, you are a true team player with very likable social skills. Good sense of humor helps.
Archer is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. On-site work is required for leadership positions due to the benefit of in-person interaction for complex problem solving and collaboration, however, remote work from any location in the U.S. with occasional company-sponsored business travel to headquarters is possible during an initial transition period.