Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
Industrial engineering manager responsibilities involve management of employees' performance in industrial engineering and analysis of industrial procedure comprising the implementation, development and evaluation of procedures to integrate and evaluate the equipment, facilities, materials, personnel and procedures; process analysis and measurement, capacity planning, manufacturing loads and forecasting.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish an Industrial Engineering functional home room that is a high performing support organization inclusive of policies, procedures, training, tool utilization and employee development
- Be a collaborative partner who drives change and establishes standardization of IE products in order to achieve functional excellence
- Lead the work projects and direct the staff involved in the projects; they may have to provide guidelines in development, production and quality control in manufacturing processes
- Perform technical data analysis related to product workflow, manpower forecasting, and manufacturing performance
- Lead the industrial engineering staff to ensure the function is providing exceptional support across the company
- Develop, coach and mentor the industrial engineers to ensure they understand roles & responsibilities, provide performance feedback, develop a career roadmap and partner with them on their career aspirations
- Provide validated, actionable data to the VP of Manufacturing
- Establish KPIs in order to practice performance management, identify trends and mitigate risks, and support manufacturing as well as other departments
- Complete data analysis pertaining to production and sustainment performance, cost control, cost reduction, and other related production systems using tools like Google Docs suite, OneNote, Project, or data analysis tools. On the basis of these studies, monitors the development and implementation changes to production workflow, manpower changes, or changes to the schedule
- Develops detailed work plans in collaboration with the Manufacturing Leadership team
- Establishes methods for maximum utilization of manufacturing personnel
- Champions continuous improvement across the organization and leads activities as required
- Ensures industrial engineering department effectively provides all required reports on monthly as well as weekly basis; design business plans and carry out all communication with the manufacturing department
- Keep track of all manufacturing crew loads and standards and work with the manufacturing team to improve efficiency and streamline processes
- Provide an effective interface to all departments and provide assistance as needed
- Monitor reporting procedures on a daily basis; keep track of regular work activities of each employee and ensure all processes are executed by considering the fiscal budgets; prepare strategic models
- Support the head of quality in assuring inspection is included in capacity and manufacturing flow times
- Collaborate with quality to ensure inspection methods are defined and standards are established
- Plan and assign work strategies in the production schedule that covers maintenance of process equipment and inspection at proper intervals
- Assist with equipment installations and project planning
- Ensure the industrial engineers are effectively supporting the High Performance Teams across the facility
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology
- 10 years industrial engineering and project management experience
- 3-5 years experience leading an industrial engineering team
- Ability to understand, apply and implement concepts and lean tools to the company production system for improvement
- Demonstrate potential to design, analyze and implement industrial engineering techniques.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Proven track record as an inspirational leader who invests and develops others