Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptual through detailed design of landing gear structures along with damping & brake systems
- Integrate main and nose landing gear assemblies into the airframe
- Support development of landing gear internal and interface loads
- Develop test plans for landing gear structure developmental and certification testing
- Familiarity with system validation and verification standards
- Work with suppliers to coordinate integration of landing gear systems
What you need:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in helicopter or aircraft landing gear structures design, integration, testing, and certification
- Experience with aircraft development process, from preliminary design to certification
- In-depth and current knowledge of FAA Part 23 regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in PLM and CAD software, preferably Teamcenter and NX
- Strong understanding of GD&T fundamentals
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Experience with full life cycle of aircraft system development including design, integration, and test
- Experience in dynamic system modeling, analysis
- Experience developing and deriving aircraft landing load cases
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.