Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various cross functional engineering disciplines to manage the “should cost” estimate of the entire product. This includes the recurring costs, non-recurring costs, direct and indirect operating costs.
- Establish tools and process for cost tracking commensurate with the maturity of the program (conceptual design phase, preliminary design phase, detail design phase, certification, and production).
- Collaborate with the business and strategy teams to ensure the business case accurately reflects current estimates compared to developed baseline costs.
- Identify risks to the business case
- Support supply chain in supplier negotiations/selection
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Industrial Engineering to drive proper learning curves and cost targets to the production line
What you need:
- 5+ years of cost engineering experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering
- Expertise in Price/SEER or equivalent cost estimate systems
- Proficiency in business case analysis
- Experience with industrial manufacturing concepts such as learning curve, TAKT Time, flow, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working on type certification of an aircraft from start to finish under 14 CFR Part 23/25/27/29/33 or equivalent regulations
- Prior experience as a manufacturing, industrial, or design engineer
- Experience in supply chain management or contracts
- Leadership/management experience
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.