Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, develop, and qualify NDT methods and techniques to be used for production of our composite airframe
- Create process specifications and coordinate inspection capabilities with Materials and Process and Design Engineering teams
- Ownership of all certification and documentation for the NDT discipline
- Technique development, review, modification or general approval
- Proctor and grade method specific exams per NAS-410
- Mentor, train, and support inspectors
- Provide hands-on support to the operations teams
- Coordinate with manufacturing to organize aircraft assembly inspection activities efficiently
- Develop a process for defect reporting of aircraft assembly and structures related to NDT
What you need:
- 4-year degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or other relevant engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a level III in at least 2 methods including adhesive bonding of composites
- 5+ years of aerospace experience
- Operational experience utilizing a range of ultrasonic inspection systems
- Experience with shearography systems
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.