Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Apply engineering technical expertise to design and test aircraft interior products for our eVTOL vehicle
- Lead a team of engineers who are responsible for authoring test plans, test reports, and other engineering reports to support product development, validation, and certification of equipment and furnishings
- Ownership of the detailed design of parts, assemblies, installations, and integration of interiors and seats using CAD tools
- Managing supplier development, issue resolution, and hardware delivery
- Lead a team that can work both independently and within cross-functional teams
- Apply pertinent sections of Federal Aviation Regulations Part 23. Familiarity with flammability, seat dynamic testing, and FAA certification
What you need:
- 10+ years of engineering experience required. Experience in aviation and/or automotive seats and interiors preferred
- 4-year degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or other relevant engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of aircraft or automotive interior materials and manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of passenger comfort and ergonomics desired
- Ability to translate aesthetic industrial design vision into cost-effective, producible interior products
- Proven experience with the aerospace development cycle from requirements development through production support
- Working knowledge of CAD, PDM/PLM, and collaboration tools
- Ability to communicate technical and program knowledge in a clear, understandable manner
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.