Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the preparation of all items pertaining to the external SEC financial reporting process, including drafting of all financial statements, footnotes and MD&A, earnings releases, other regulatory filings, 10-K/Q tie out, review of XBRL process and completing GAAP checklists
- Create and maintain SEC calendar, coordinate key timelines as well as deliverables and inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for BOD package, press release, and 10-Q/K
- Support special projects and workflow process improvements
- Research, interpret, and implement any new or proposed SEC reporting pronouncements
- Manage and maintain all corporate accounting policies to ensure compliance
- Provide updates to management on new and proposed accounting guidance, and the potential impact on the company
- Prepare supporting schedules, documentation, and other information to support the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Supervise the establishment and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance processes
- Ensure effectiveness of the internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as requested
What you need:
- 10+ years of SEC reporting and technical accounting experience; combined public and industry. Manufacturing / aviation industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Strong understanding and proficiency of U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and interpreting technical accounting guidance
- Experience with, or a preference in, a SEC reporting tool
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize critical deadlines
- High degree of initiative, exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and commitment to a high level of accuracy
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.