Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build out of the Company’s internal controls and documentation over financial reporting for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and design the end-to-end SOX compliance program
- Work with control owners to identify, design and conduct the management assessment of IT application controls and General IT Controls
- Manage the documentation, assessment, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting, including tracking control gaps and action plans to remediate weaknesses
- Coordinate the efforts between external auditors and internal business process / IT owners, including alignment on SOX planning, walkthroughs/ testing, audit requests and deficiency evaluation
- Develop and provide routine training to the control owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, control design, and the impact of their control(s) on the Company’s financial statements
- Prepare and routinely deliver executive management and audit committee materials, highlighting overall SOX progress and results
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness and identifiable benefits to the company
- Providing advice and counsel to management on internal controls including SOX and cybersecurity
What you need:
- 8+ years SOX, internal or external IT audit
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience with a CPA, CIA and/or CISA certifications
- Experience with public company control structures including walkthroughs, control documentation and SOX exposure
- Experience with ERP and other enterprise system implementations
- Mastery of communication skills and styles, both written and verbal. Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
- Knowledge of COSO framework and experience applying the framework in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies
- Experience preparing for initial SOX 404 (b) audit requirements
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to influence and advanced ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret data
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.