Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a comprehensive tax strategy and strong tax function within the company
- Coordinate compliance for the preparation of all tax returns and statutory filings
- Perform tax forecasting activities and tracking of uncertain tax positions
- Ensure all income tax accounting is performed and reconciled properly
- Provide updates to management on new and proposed taxation guidance, and the potential impact on the company
- Maintain strong relationships with the external auditors and tax firms on compliance activities and development of long-term tax strategies
- Prepare, review and/or present periodic presentations to senior management on key tax issue developments with a focus towards risk management
What you need:
- 12-15 years of income and indirect tax experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment with strong R&D activity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required. M.S. in Taxation or Accounting a plus
- Start-up experience a plus
- High level of proficiency with accounting systems and PC applications
- Strong team leader with experience building, managing and developing a team
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize critical deadlines
- High degree of initiative, exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and commitment to a high level of accuracy
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.