Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design of the Archer fault tolerant computing architecture and time synchronization
- Author the requirements and document rationales for on-board computers, data concentrators, time synchronization units and platform software
- Contribute to the selection and integration of real-time operating systems (RTOS) and board support packages
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, perform trade-off analysis, and design and develop the system in compliance with ARP4754A, DO-178C and DO-254
- Help define the make or buy strategy, participate in supplier selection and technical oversight to acquire or develop the required technologies
- Contribute to subsystem integration, development of verification plans, analysis and reviews of test results
What you need:
- 7+ years of experience including at least 2 years of direct aerospace certification experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Hands on experience developing complex embedded digital systems including digital circuits (PCBA design), RTL design (Verilog, VHDL…) and/or software (C/C++...)
- Experience designing fault tolerant safety critical systems involving hardware and software
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, embedded software and aerospace communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, Ethernet, ARINC 429, AFDX/ARINC 664, TSN, TCP/IP, etc)
- Good knowledge of ARP4754A, DO-254, and DO-178C standards
- Understanding of Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) concepts and standards (DO-297, ARINC-653)
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML)
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.